Embee Cavaliers is a CKC registered breeder of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We pride ourselves on breeding in equal parts for temperament, health, type and overall soundness.
- Mitral Valve Disease; I’m currently making use of mostly echocardiograms in place of auscultations at 14+ months, 4, and 6+ following the Danish heart protocol. All testing is performed by a Cardiologist
- They are screened yearly for eye diseases by an Ophthalmologist
- All of my breeding dogs have an MRI for Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia
- We test their patellas at 2 years of age for luxation
- Most of my breeding dogs are xrayed for hip dysplasia
- All of my dogs are DNA tested or clear by parentage for Dry Eye and Curly Coat Syndrome and Episodic Falling
Our puppies are very rarely available to approved homes. I am primarily a wholecolour breeder, meaning with few exceptions most of the puppies born here are black and tan and ruby.
If you’d like to be considered as a potential home for an Embee Cavalier contact me directly. I do not keep a waiting list. Please be aware that I screen families carefully to ensure the best possible homes for our puppies. I can be bad at replying to email, it’s sometimes best just to give me a call or try and catch me on Facebook.
I am a member in good standing of:
I’m no longer a member of the Cavalier Fanciers of Southern Ontario as I feel their current mandates and recent changes within the Club no longer align with my views and the way I wish to move my breeding program forward.
On the CKCSCC I am an active member of the health and education committee where our goal is coordinating initiatives for the betterment and improvement of the breed. My main involvement has been through coordinating our MRI screening program for breeders.
For more information on any of the above please contact:
Mary Beth Squirrell
marybeth at embeecavaliers dot com